For the price of a couple of cups of coffee (in UK) you can enrol on a course that will improve your life forever!
Consonant sounds are made when two organs of speech touch
We have 5 main organs of speech
- Hard Palate - top of mouth behind teeth
- Soft Palate - top of mouth further back towards your throat
The sounds are classified according to which organs of speech are used. remember it is the sound not the letter name so a letter P makes a puh sound.
- Labials - two lips touching (p,b,m)
- Labio dental - Lips and teeth (f, v)
- Lingua dental - tongue and teeth (th)
- Lingua palatal - tongue and hard palate (t,d,l,n)
- Lingua guttural - tongue and soft palate (k,c,ng)
More complex consonant sounds